REALLY?!

I couldn't even come up with a snappy, persuasive title for this one; folks.
It was the only word I could think of:  "REALLY?!"

Credentials of the writer:  I am a Registered Democrat...White, Middle Class, College Educated Retired Professional WOMAN...there...is THAT enough categories for you? We seem to ALL "pigeon-hole" each other into snug-fitting categories lately so we don't even HAVE to do any thinking.


Here is what I have seen during and post-election:

(1) The other person is RIGHT if they agree with you!
(2)  We are in the middle of an "uncivil war" with each other; divided.
(3)  Being a Christian and ACTING like one has been "put aside"...for now.
(4)  I was "Upper" Middle Class eight years ago...now "lower" Middle Class...never arrested for a criminal action...never deliberately hurt anyone else...usually saw "both" sides of an issue before I accepted it
or not; for myself;  Agreed to disagree rather than coerce or try to convert anyone to my beliefs, etc. I am still that way.
(5)  I am not "better" than anyone else or "worse".
(6) I DO know that Hate begets more Hate; Divided we WILL FALL; Ignorance is dangerous for everyone; We ALL are very privileged to live
in America...America does NOT deserve people behaving like we have.
(7) The MEDIA better take a good, hard look at themselves & return to
honest, ethical reporting rather than inflaming more discord for ratings.
(8) The "Power of the Pen" and the "Power of the Press" added to GREED
is hurting the very fabric of our country.
(9) The "Over-Reaction" to a new Administration is tantamount to a child's temper tantrum & "Group Think" rather than anything adult or helpful. I am not going to feel hurt or upset that someone voted differently than me because I realized the enormity of "fake" reporting;
Media bias from some of my favorite channels & magazines; and the lengths that political corruption would go to preserve their power is pathetic.
(10) By the way, the new administration also knows a LOT of Celebrities
they could have flaunted out & didn't have to "use"for attention plus these were not my idea of "role models" to begin with.

I may or may not change parties after 60 years; not an easy decision I have to make but it no longer represents me.

I WANT A WOMAN PRESIDENT....one I can respect.
I WANT EQUAL LEGAL RIGHTS FOR EVERYONE.
I WANT PEOPLE TO STOP JUDGING OTHERS LIFE STYLES. M.Y.O.B. even God
     does not "judge" us until after death."those without sin cast the first
     stone" is a lesson we all could use right now.
I WANT LAW & ORDER VS. CHAOS ANYTIME! I have the highest respect and
gratitude for LAW ENFORCEMENT, EMERGENCY PERSONNEL, SOLDIERS RISKING THEIR LIVES so we can throw "tantrums" if we don't get our way;
and all my ancestors since 1607 that have given their lives in America for it.


Popular Posts