Are YOU AWOL?!

Simply Said:  "Can't you see that everything that touches you touches me,too? I am in the midst of your sorrows; your tears run down my cheeks; your thirst is but an echo of my parched lips on the Cross.I
died the very Death that I conquered."  Archbishop Fulton Sheen

Too many of us sing "Onward Christian Soldiers" on Sunday and go
AWOL on Monday!"

I just got back from Church. I wasn't TOLD I couldn't GO THERE! 
wasn't TOLD that if I did I might DIE! By a lion? By a crazed Emperor?
This is NOT Ancient History. It is happening right NOW TODAY.

"We play "trivial pursuit" with our lives...Henry David Thoreau called it
"quiet desperation" but today it is AIMLESS DISTRACTION. What would
YOU consider worthwhile to die for?! I love being 73 because the closer you get to God, the smaller everything else appears and you get an incredible perspective about things that used to make you angry or cry.
I love the Grand Canyon Analogy that says OLD PEOPLE could jump it
by a few feet, Healthy Adults by a few feet more and Athletes maybe even
more....but even Mother Theresa can't jump the Grand Canyon. We all
need a "bridge" to do it and that bridge is Jesus Christ.

Do NOT blame God for the barbaric, sinful things that are happening.
 He gave our brains the "gift" of Free Choice. The very thing I love about being Christian so much....the forgiveness, compassion and tolerance towards others...the kindness and love...are simply seen as
"WEAKNESS" by anyone who could behead a child....

I do have to stop saying..."how stupid can they be?!" They seem to take it as a CHALLENGE! Duct tape can't fix stupid BUT it can muffle the sound!! They are about to exceed the limits of my medication!




What they forget is you can force a Christian out of a building but not out of their Soul. There are many many ways to love God. The ONLY room at my High School was the BATHROOM where I could be alone with God for a few minutes without being disturbed.(not if there was a line, of course) Here are some other ways to connect with God:

(1) Naturalists: Love God by being out doors with Nature.

(2) Sensates: Love God with all 5 of their senses in worship.

(3) Traditionalists: Love God with ceremonies,rituals,symbols,hymns

(4) Ascetics: Love God in Solitude and simplicity.

(5) Activists: Love God by confronting evil, battling injustice, working to make the world a better place for their having been alive.

(6) Caregivers: Love God by loving OTHERS; meeting their needs.(Like the wonderful young Doctor who contracted Ebola helping others.)

(7) Enthusiasts: Love God through Celebration & modeling of His life.
(8) Contemplatives: Love God through adoration.(Music,Poetry,Art)

(9)Intellectuals: Love God by studying His Word.


Which one(s) do you use? God loves them all.

Mrs. B.Birge


Popular Posts