I AM NOT OLD...I AM oldER than you!

Simply Said: Wrinkles are something "other" people have. I have "character lines"!

First of all, I don't mind getting oldER but I hate being treated like I'm old.....
At age 4 success is: not piddling your pants.
At age 12 success is having friends!
At age 17 success is having a driver's license
At age 35 success is having money
At age 50 success is having money
At age 70 success is having a driver's license!
At age 75 success is having friends!
At age 80 success is not piddling your pants!

IT IS THE "CIRCLE OF LIFE"...life is short....LIVE it!
There ARE benefits! No one expects you to run...anywhere!
People no longer view you as a hypochondriac! Things you buy not won't wear out. There is nothing left to learn the "hard way". Kidnapper's are not interested in you and in a hostage situation they will release you first. You can live without sex but not your glasses. You no longer think of speed limits as challenges. Your eyes won't get much worse.
Your joints are more accurate than the National Weather Service. You sing along with elevator music.....

Seriously, tho....inside EVERY older person there are at least 7 former selves...former appearances, issues and expectations from life for themselves. I told my students that when you see a grouchy, negative or mean old person that THAT person was MOST likely a YOUNG complaining,whining, pessimistic person cause your basic personality is acquired quite early in life.
Other things that bug me about age:
(1)When people start to call me "dear" as my identity.
(2)I didn't lose my IQ with age; actually added wisdom of trial and error through experiences.
(3)The fact that I "allowed" too many people to shape me  to their perspective needs rather than mine.
(4)Don't start wanting me to be "in"  every family or group picture. I don't plan on going anywhere any time soon! I will live life until the last breath God gives me and then start over with Him.
(5)Find a "passion" in your life that absorbs you. Mine was Faith, Family and Education.
(6)Things that soothe me and give me peace:
       1.)Knowing I never hurt anyone else purposely.
       2.)Knowing I stayed true to my values in every situation.
       3.)Music from my "generation"....
       4.)Music from your generation that is not TOO loud.  
      5.)Being alone in a quiet church or chapel.
      6.)Being WITH people at church & being "recharged"    by their warmth and support for the next week ahead.
      7.)Looking at water whether it is falling, churning,or mirror    quiet water that is as quiet as I want to feel.
     8.)Knowing I am understood and appreciated.
    9.)Looking at my husband and knowing I made the right choice so long ago.


I want: to be a mirror that reflects the light I have gotten all my life from my faith in a sometimes dark world.

I want: to have a certain (comedic) dignity so people will know the good side of old.....

Mrs.B

     






Popular Posts