Count the Marigolds

Simply Said:  We are back from a wonderful visit with our Son & future Daughter-in-Love; treated like royalty & "wanted".
     One paranoia I have been left with is the word "DUTY"! I hate that word...I did SO many things as a child that I had to do.
      (1) Had to keep "secrets" about my parents behavior.
     (2) Had to pick out a mushy card for my Mother (it took TIME trying to find one that would satisfy her but not lie
     (3) Had to "decide" between living with my Mother or Father(age 6). I decided!! Made no difference to the Judge who left me with my Mother:(
    (4) Had to ruin many holidays with the idea of my "Duty".
I didn't want MY children NOT to know their Grandmother & morally, I could NOT let her be alone at those times.Guess what? I MAY have still done the right thing?!...they were not deprived of knowing her. Their opinions were then based on facts rather than  just "empathy" for me.
   (5) I can be obnoxious at times with my talking; have embarrassed  my kids more than once with my openness but guess what??!! I FEEL the love of my children as genuine and real; they LOVE me WITH my faults. I am blessed.

Because I couldn't drive this time to So.Carolina; my Jerry drove...I had free time to actually look out my window! Here is what I had time to see:

Marigolds bursting with color growing wherever they want along the road as if to say, "the world needs a little color in unexpected places."


Trees that wrap an aching soul in a coat of green comfort almost begging us not to remove them for another parking lot or Bank.

A Blue velour sky with dashes and whisks of ever-changing clouds...painting mobile "portraits" from God.


THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN SEE OUT A CAR WINDOW IF YOU ONLY NOTICE. (Not the DRIVER!)
Mrs.B.




Popular Posts