NEW YEAR...OLD YOU?!

Birge-Bytes:

MOTHER THERESA says it better than any New Year's Resolutions of a temporary nature...

"I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself!"   Aldous Huxley

There are over 6 billion people on our beautiful world; 2.2 billion are Christian...that leaves a whole lot of other religious systems or agnostics here, too. An Agnostic person is a person who believes that nothing IS known or CAN BE known of the existence or nature of God; only material;
only what can be seen or touched.
An Atheist, from the late 16th century French word "atheos"(without) and "theos"(God).... a Latin derivative.
To me...an Agnostic is a closed mind to any possibility they could be wrong! (My opinion.)
To me...an Atheist is a "lazy thinker" or "no thinker"..an avoidance thinker. (My opinion.)

According to the present Dahli Lama from his book "Dahli Lama: Essential Wisdom".
Even an agnostic or atheist who agrees with the value and practice of Compassion and Love, and Concern and Respect for others already has a kind of spiritual development. The Dahli Lama believes that Compassion(caring) Tolerance(Acceptance) and Altruism(Kindness) ARE spiritual qualities.
"Organized Religion" can come later. Religion is meant to strengthen mental happinessby positive thinking and positive practice.
Love and compassion is a "Universal Religion". If complicated philosophies give you a "good heart" than follow them fully BUT if arguing and complicating systems become an obstacle to a good heart...it is better to leave them. He said," spreading our OWN religion should NOT be the end all goal but rather an open dialogue of ALL BELIEFS.

Actually, these thoughts led to my Main New Year's Goal this year:" D.T.L."
It stands for DON'T TALK....LISTEN!  Those of you that know me, know that I 
am VERYverbal...no matter what the essential source for it is....I INTERRUPT A LOT!!! LITERALLY....EVERYTHING I HEAR "LIGHTS UP SOME FORMER EXPERIENCE" WITH THAT SUBJECT. I AM NOT REALLY LISTENING BUT COMPOSING SOME BRILLIANT ANSWER EVEN IF NOT ASKED FOR! I CAN INTERRUPT TOTAL STRANGERS HAVING A CONVERSATION TO BUTT INTO THEIR CONVERSATION.
THIS WAS NOT A PRETTY TRUTH FOR ME...DONE ALMOST UNCONSCIOUSLY.
IT TOOK SOMEONE I WAS VERY CLOSE TO AND HE GOT THROUGH TO ME.....
IT WILL TAKE A GREAT DEAL OF AWARENESS AND PRACTICE TO IMPROVE PERSON BY PERSON BUT YOU CAN "TEACH AN OLD DOG A NEW LESSON".

P.S. For my self-worth issues, I apparently need too much attention. With God's help I will improve.  Mrs.B.

Popular Posts