70 is GREAT

Birge-Bytes Woody Allen, the comedian and actor said once "I AM NOT AFRAID OF
DEATH....I JUST DON'T WANT TO BE THERE WHEN IT HAPPENS!"
ON MY EPITAPH I WANT IT TO SAY..."LORD, I REALLY TRIED!"
    
     When I was a teenager I couldn't "revolt" like a teenagers right to do! My Dad
worked for the Government and he couldn't risk his job if I was arrested or
made a fool of him as a parent! SO....I KEPT QUIET (and mumbled to myself)
    When I got married, I literally went from Dad to Husband (no in-between chill
time or college away from home time)....brand new baby, living with my in-laws and moved to Hollywood, Fla. where I took care of before mentioned baby PLUS
the whole house including Brother-in-Law, Donald while they all worked outside the home.....(couldn't say anything...so mumbled to myself)

   NOW...........I COULDN'T SAY WHAT I REALLY FELT OR 
    When I was 35 I went back to college for my Teaching Degree so I could become a teacher I always wanted to be...Graduated with Honors 1984 and began
WORKING OUTSIDE THE HOME...my kids in school.POSSIBLY LOSE
MY JOB!!!! OH, GOOD GRIEF. Don't get me wrong here...I ADORED my Dad
and did it out of love and respect for him.....I ADORE my husband and did it
out of love and respect for him and his wonderful family, including Brother-in-Law Donald xoxox. I did it at school because I was realizing my DREAM OF TEACHING and gave it 110% for 27 years regardless of whom was Principal!
   I had so much to SAY ABOUT EDUCATION AND MY BELOVED STUDENTS AND PARENTS but it had to be approved by the Principal and that was part of the problem...I KNOW HOW TO MOTIVATE, TEACH AND LOVE TEENAGERS;
I KNOW HOW TO TALK TO AND MOTIVATE PARENTS TO HELP ME...I KNOW
HOW TO MAKE MY SUBJECT RELEVANT DAILY TO THEIR LIVES BEYOND THE CLASSROOM. I KNOW ENTHUSIAM AND LOVE OF MY TOPICS SO THAT IT WAS "CONTAGIOUS" AND WENT BEYOND MY CLASSROOM LESSON. (That paragraph above felt so good to express now) The kids knew
it all along as did the parents and appreciated it verbally many times. 
     Everytime one of my respected collegues was attacked or dishonored respectfully I cringed; I am real LOYAL to friends! 
    IT IS FREEING TO BE 70...FREEING TO BE RETIRED...FREEING TO SAY WHAT I FEEL NOW...I was the same way to family,too..because of my Dad's suicide in 1977 I was too permissive with my family...they could NOT BE UNHAPPY
if I could help it or I got visions of suicide or them leaving me alone. I was supposed to be happy all the time and did not express ANGER at anyone I loved
for ANYTHING or it might happen again! 
     I have so MANY THOUGHTS ABOUT PARENTING, MARRIAGE,EDUCATION IN FLORIDA, TEENAGERS, GOD ETC. I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO "LET THE CORK OUT!" AND LIKE MT.ST.HELENS, JUST FLOW OUT ON PEOPLE in the best way I communicate....writing....I allow MYSELF this 
now at the wonderful age of 70.


      



Popular Posts