HANNIBAL LECTOR'S DAUGHTER

Simply Said:  It is as hard to KEEP a good habit as it is to STOP
                        a BAD one!
Now, it might not seem to be a big deal to you BUT I managed to STOP
60 year BAD HABIT.....for 4 months:(
My Son, David, was getting married to a "prayer-approved" woman (I had prayed for years for such a sweetheart to fulfill what I had found with my Jerry.

As an additional small "gift" I wanted to have prettier hands for him as the Groom's Mother....or at least nails instead of stubs.

IMPORTANT STEPS PSYCHOLOGICALLY:
(1) I knew I would need prayer, consistency, perseverance and PATIENCE.
(2)I knew it would probably take 2-3 weeks for it to get any easier.
(3)I needed to know EXACTLY WHEN I BIT MY NAILS! WHAT WAS I DOING?
     A long-time bad habit is well ingrained but NOT impossible! You are NOT
     doing it 24/7 so you need to discover WHEN....or the "Danger Zone".(DZ)
(4)I found "MY DZ" was basically only when I watched t.v.(or so I thought).
      I would not even be aware of doing it until too late to "save" anything!
      NOT while sleeping(duh), NOT while on computer or driving, etc.
(5)I needed also to not berate myself if I had a "near relapse" & cut it short on
     the "failure" feelings to begin again.

IMPORTANT STEPS PHYSICALLY:
(1) The right tools are necessary. I bought a small(Revlon) nail kit with basics
      in it. I also bought a good cuticle cream and a bottle of "nail growth"
      that contained good fingernail nutrients for growth.(Sally Hanson)I set them 
      right by my recliner;( also added hand & nail Moisturizer for after.)
(2WHILE watching t.v. I began a routine of nail/hand care. Begin with clean
      hands(duh), used the file to clean UNDER each nail as much as I could until
      I actually HAD the start of a nail to CLEAN UNDER!
(3)Put the nail growth nutrient polish on each nail plus the skin at tip.
(4)Used the Cuticle Creme on the skin at the base of the nail, gently rubbed in.
(5)(optional) I used a good hand & arm moisturizer cause I am dry,dry,dry!
***As an added touch I used a pair of anklet socks to cover, if needed***

WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?!(RESULTS)
(1) The "routine" actually worked! The pictures above were the longest I had
      EVER had and thankfully I took a photo of it. (needed later)
(2) I was excited to show my family and THUS became aware of my OTHER
    DANGER ZONE!? As with my Diabetes that elevates with EMOTION.....the       cruel part was that whether I have intense JOY OR INTENSE ANXIETY
     I become a "SELF- MUTILATING" CANNIBAL!! After my Son's family reunion 
     reception where I experienced almost overwhelming JOY and Happiness,
     we went back to the hotel ....the next morning I had ONE FINGERNAIL LEFT;
     almost as a reminder that I DID IT and COULD do it again.....and I will.

***GOOD HABITS UNLESS CONSISTENTLY APPLIED ALSO REVERT BACK TO BAD HABITS.  Example: It can become easier & easier to "sleep-in" rather than attend Church or some other GOOD habit.**** Lesson Learned.Mrs.B.

Popular Posts