INVITATION TO A PARTY

        Are you feeling too "commercial" right now?  Too guilty cause once again you have overdone it? Hard to see the Christmas tree for the presents? The mail carrier cussing you out for her Hernia?  In this life so much depends on your attitude in every situation.

     Do you really think the "gifts" brought by the Wise Men were able to be USED by a newborn baby?  Frankincense, Myrrh, & Gold might help the Manger smell better due to the straw,shepherds & animals that were also there. The shepherds had very little they could bring except for their awe and wonder...I know...the "little drummer boy" brought a song)
     After all, this was the birth of eternal life that was just born. Actually, it is offered to all with love; never forced.
     You need to come to the baby bringing the "gift" of yourself to him.



Do I love Christmas? Is it very very special to me? I don't want to speak for anyone else how this Holiday affects me; we all have our own personal journey in life.

     For me, it was falling asleep as a child under my Grandmother's Christmas tree fascinated with the "bubble-lites" popular in the 50's.


There was very little sign of Christmas in my Dad's house or my Mother/Stepfather's house. My Grandmother would play Christmas carols on her wonderful piano for me. Her home was warm, safe and
smelled of Chicken 'n Dumplings & special Christmas Divinity candy.
She left to play her music for the angels when I was a Jr. in High School
and I still miss her.

     There is a Reason for the Season. It is a Celebration. It is a Birthday Party.  Every gift someone i love opens from me gives me a heart-hug.
Do I love GETTING gifts? When it is from someone I love and NOT obligatory I am totally and unashamedly a small child again. I almost hate to unwrap it because I "feel" the thought and effort that went into it. Please don't remind me that I am 75 now and how inappropriate it might look to others because I am enveloped in sheer joy of being cared about.

     My husband of 54 years has always made Christmas special. Of course,
opening a "Cabbage Patch" doll or "bubble-lites" or an almost life-sized Gorilla named "Ko-Ko" seemed weird to others in the room. He did it for me...for love...for Christmas.

                               HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS...Baby of Love
Mrs.B.
NOT old...older



Popular Posts