WHAT BOOK ARE YOU?

Simply Said:  ...."knowing I can not save the world but  I can comfort one at a time."   Mother Theresa
      She felt there were people that do the big things but the little things that needed doing without a lot of glory or recognition was important, also.

My Grandmother used to say to me, " the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!" I didn't fully understand then....I do now.
SPIRIT: Ageless, Hopeful, Yearning for answers to questions there may not be answers to know this side of heaven.
FLESH: Finite with a fairly predictable lifespan, vulnerable to the environment, temptations, injuries and setbacks. Basically, subject to actions by others.
We are a "Book" others read everyday!! Some just look at the "Cover" and pass with preconceived bias and stereotypes already entrenched.
Some "read" a few pages and decide it is not worth reading further or using time from their busy schedules.

What KIND of book are you?!


If there is miscommunication with loved ones ask two things:
1.) Is there a "personality" difference causing it? No matter HOW much you love someone...they are NOT YOU in how they perceive life or their style of humor.
2.)Are they simply in a different "Chapter" in their "Book" of Life"?!  Native Americans understood this that "until you walk a mile in their shoes"....you do not fully understand them.

 If you are middle aged you may empathize with someone in their 70's because you love them but you cannot know how it "feels" to be 70. The only loving mistake I made with my Dad was in MY 30's but my Dad's 70's when I was "Over-concerned" and made him feel even older!! My Daughter is "now" finding out the same things I went through and felt in my 40's. As you go through these "chapters of life" you gain perspective and hopefully compassionate wisdom. Any of my unanswered questions from "this side" will be known "on the other".

Mrs.B.








Popular Posts