YES! STILL MARRIED!

Simply Said:  POSITIVE THINKING

We awoke this morning to the over night handiwork of our cat Shadow…well
named & well known for her hunting prowess!

In the living room was  a half roll of paper toweling  “grated” up into MANY pieces with her sitting in the midst of the carnage without a shred of even a
guilty look on her face…almost flaunting her latest job.

The “Positive thinking” part was when my husband came out…took a look…
uttered an “OMG” and then said:  “At least we will be ready for a PARADE!”
We already have the CONFETTI!”    (I LOVE this man I’m sharing life with)
What is that sound I hear?

CAUGHT
Over the years we have faced and survived about everything possible that might have split us up in our marriage.There were times I didn't LIKE
my husband but never a time under the worst scenarios that I stopped LOVING him. I guess I just hate returning things!

No one in the family thought it would last and were fairly vocal about it.
I couldn't cook, clean right or know anything about men; actually.I just knew I had prayed for a very long time that I would know what love felt like. God sent Jerry.

     I was actually very shy...couldn't even look a guy in the eye! My Dad told me that WHEN the "right one" came along I would know it! That used to annoy me until it actually happened! OMG! When I saw him(My 2nd year of college...his first year...yes, I was older by 1 year & 10 months...he STILL doesn't let me forget that 52 years later!!)He insists to this day that I had "stalked" HIM...but he was way too cooperative for that to be true.:)

  If I had to sum up WHY our marriage lasted:


(1) We respected each other.
(2) We had basically the same family values.
(3)We had a way of "adapting" to the changes in our marriage & society.
(4)We were able to see "light" in any dark situation whether it was to protect each other or use humor to dull the sharp edges.
(5)Yes, we had a strong chemistry of attraction for a long time...longer than just the "Honeymoon" phase of today. Intimacy is a wonderful part of marriage; it too changes but actually into something even deeper and more intimate than just physical performance & calisthenics.
(6) We ENJOY each other.

HE IS STILL MY SWEETHEART..... I  AM HAPPIEST WHEN I AM WITH HIM.




Popular Posts