What is a "Safe House"?

Simply Said: Not referring to a "Halfway House" after rehab.
here but as a "place" where you feel SAFE.(Mentally and physically). A building can't have a PERSONALITY you say?
I believe it does.
Buckingham Palace
    A   person never hurt by others can just delete this right now;
I doubt there are many...so I will continue. It has nothing to do with the size of a house at all. It is not about "The Amity ville
Haunted House" or the three little pigs house not being built strong enough not to blow over by a big wolf!(see below)
Village hut

A house develops the vibes of the people within it...seriously, it can absorb the joy or pain within its walls that was "felt" by those living there.I really believe this.

"You are, basically, how you THINK!" It will take a renovation of the heart and mind to heal you and a willingness to be rid of it affecting you. Another choice YOU make in life.Because of my age now I have a pretty complete "Timeline" for the wisdom I have learned to be proven; at least to me! LIFE IS A PROCESS OF CHANGE IN ACTION.YOU ARE NOT FINISHED! NO ONE IS PERFECT & NOT EVEN MEANT TO BE!  I AM AN IMPERFECT PERSON WORKING ON IT DAILY TO IMPROVE.

Let me sum it up briefly...feel free to tell me about YOUR 
"Safe houses".
(1) My Dad's home where I visited twice a week, Wed.& Friday and every other Sat.& Sunday.(age 9-20)When I was there I felt safe, happy, loved, wanted & important.I cried almost every time he returned me(court order)to my Mothers.
My Dad's home
(2) My Grandmother's Home(ages 6-9) Molested by an Uncle; a "roomer" of my Grandparents and a stranger in a car.
Mother had numerous "boyfriends" I called "Temper mental Tony"..."Weird Roger"...and then met the Prize of all times,
"Loner Louie" whom she married TWICE! I loved my Grandmother dearly who watched me and shared my love of music. This home had mixed feelings of being loved AND neglected...still couldn't sleep there as an adult,tho...

(3) My Mother's House(ages 9-17) tense, fearful, unhappy,
lonely, sad,nightmares...mental abuse;many "triggers"
in this "house".

************************************************************************

Dr.Paul R.Hortin
02/23/1962
CHURCH and What it Meant to me:
(1) First Church(until I was 18) St.Petersburg,Fla. I felt protected there, the choir, everyone "seemed" happy;my Pastor was a good role model. Christ Methodist Church.
(2) Second Church(From 1964-2005)Hollywood Hills United Methodist Church. Choir,raised family...spiritual growth...got to know Jesus as an "adult" and not as a very needy child.
(3) Third Church (2005 on) Calvary Chapel Saw grass.A wonderful peace and clarity of belief; a completeness.

The warning I wish to leave with this cathartic post is not
to make that "Safe House" of long ago...which did serve a vital purpose for you, become a Sanctuary of Avoidance today!
FACE the ghosts of your past if you do NOT need it today
and enjoy the life you SHOULD  have had all along.


Thank you for hanging in....I feel better...




Popular Posts