WERE YOU TOO BUSY IN 2013?

Simply Said:  When 20,000 teens and adults were surveyed in 2013...six out of ten said they had been too "busy" for God.
There were 3 other "too busies" listed, also. The #3 regret was too busy to finish their Education(GED,High School. or college). #2 on the list of regrets was they had been too busy to travel. And #1 on the list they had been "too busy" for FAMILY!!
Beyond even this, their "Mind" in 2013 had been too busy to sleep right making a fertile ground for illness & stress related health problems. "Too Busy" people tended to be the Complainers, the Selfish, the Depressed & Lonely ones.

My priorities throughout life was Family,Education and God in that order UNTIL i realized that without my Faith I would NOT have had the family and education I desired so I rearranged my priority list to God, Family & Education.

I am now the age my Father was at 72 when he chose the moment of his death. It was a strange and sobering perspective about life. I understood intellectually but emotionally the hurt has lingered for over 35 years.

There are three reasons I would never choose his method.

(1) I would not do that to my family as I know the effect it has had on me all these years. I was too permissive raising my own children...I NEVER wanted to do ANYTHING so they might want to LEAVE ME that way. I literally "felt" & was fearful of every pain or disappointment they had so thank God for the
support & guidance my wonderful husband provided.

(2) I would never do that because Christ suffered much more for me so that I would love life and respect the sanctity of life. It would be like a slap in the face of His gift to me.
We are put here to LEARN the good and bad in life's lessons.

(3) I just LOVE LIFE with all its challenges of new beginnings or sad endings! Besides that, I SO want to help others, somehow, with my writing.....

Woody Allen once said, "I'm not afraid of death...I just don't want to be there when it happens!"

I sometimes feel like I am being "greedy" for life, having been so blessed and still wanting more but that reflects the priceless aspect of the "gift". Time now IS more focused & sweetly urgent. I don't have money to leave my loved ones.
My Legacy to them, hopefully, has been my life.

I have been loved and wanted by my God & family. What a GIFT!  ...May YOUR priorities be straight in 2014.
                     
                Happy new year 2014  
                                Mrs.B.,Mom,CyberGrammy,Honey

"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit? If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can ALL read the Book?"
                                          Sogoyewapha (Red jacket) Seneca Tribe





Popular Posts