SCHOOL MEMORIES 1984-2011

Simply Said:  http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4d7a63324e6a51774d54673d0d0a&blogview=true

I found the legendary "Fountain of Youth" so sought after by Ponce de Leon in Florida. It is also in all 50 of our other States,too.  I didn't start teaching until I was 42 years old after graduating (with Honors) from Fla. International University and my children were well into school years.

This career-choice allowed me to remain in "Deep Selective Denial" for 27 years. The Pep Rallies, the feeling of youthful idealism and creativeness; the fact that THEY allowed me to
BE ME!! They "allowed" me into their wonderful lives to share the joys of their Proms and the deep Sorrow of the  funerals of their friends; angst of finding out WHO they were in the crazy scheme of things today. I was a guide in that endeavor.

Much of the disrespect you may find today is self-made.
You can't talk "DOWN" to them; you HAVE to be FAIR and
CONSISTENT with punishments OR rewards. You have to "SEE" them as "Unfinished Masterpieces" of what they will become! I had a Class Rule that "I would treat THEM exactly like they treated ME!" That one rule worked extremely well.

I now know how come celebrities or athletes find it so wrenching to retire...how some may stay beyond the time of leaving.... The students helped me find MY SENSE OF SELF & CONFIDENCE I lacked. They opened their hearts and fears to me and we shared solutions. I can never pay something like that back but can "keep" them in my heart and  mind for the  rest of my life. I LOVE retirement but MISS teaching very much. They made me feel as"special" to them as they were to me. Mrs.B.




Popular Posts