Tyranny of the Urgent

Bev's Thought: Two things to NEVER forget: toilet paper & cat food.....any comment here?

Too busy....no time! One of the greatest benefits of retirement, I've found, is HAVING the time (and energy) for life's REALLY important things now. Being alone together and loving my husband like he deserves to be loved....going to Grandsons' ball games (unless it is NOON... I wrinkle).Seriously speaking, which is not often, cause I am enjoying my SECOND childhood; first one was a bummer.....

While I am slowing down TIME seems to speed up and become very Precious. There is so much to still learn; I want to help "give back" what I have received in my time here...
The love of a very good man for 50 years & counting.
Two children I am deeply proud of.
Two Endearing Grandsons that HAVE known a great Mother.
My dreams fulfilled of Faith, Love, Family & Career.

You know what i now have NO TIME left  for?
1.  What Kim Khardasian is going to wear for her next wedding! I'm not even calling it "marriage"....more like "serial monogamy".

2. Spending ANY time left on "Wipe-Out", "Bachelors on an Island" or any other show that diminishes brain cells. "Honey Boo Boo" they are laughing at you and your family because it makes them feel superior in their own miserable lives.In all fairness, i watch them once or twice to make sure I feel that way. 

3. I LOVE technology! But not at the expense of human decency and right to privacy....how DARE them take pictures of Will & Kate on their vacation...WHEN HIS OWN MOTHER WAS KILLED BY IT!!
Prince Harry, while I'm at it...he is single, young & deserves privacy,too.
WHO can he call a trusted friend? In my career, I have known students to actually rile a teacher on purpose to get a picture of it & ruin their career.Wow, people...when we have to get our jollies by destroying others...how pathetic must your life be and how sad.

4. Fighting for over two years with Bank of America to save our home.
We did it the "right" way going to EVERY meeting they asked for...NOT
taking off in the middle of the night that would have ruined our credit and
having over 100 people through our home JUST to break EVEN with B.O.A.  Guess what? There was all kinds of advice from others  on how to handle this but I had to stand on my values of honesty. Did we get "screwed"...probably, but it was the only way I could accept. (p.s.) our credit did not suffer and we are in a beautiful home. Also, don't talk to me about the "Stimulus Plan" that we were turned down for because we were the Middle Class.

5. Like a "heliocentric" world where people think the SUN revolves around them...self focusing can cause Depression or delay the recovery.
"Other-focused" people are happier and healthier..this does NOT mean they don't take care of themselves but that it "matters" if others are not cared for. I recovered from Depression by volunteering 400 hours at Memorial Hospital....it removed my self-focus. It also provided a LOT of very funny stories for my students...all true, I'm afraid....ask them.

FAITH is being SURE what we hope for and PROOF of what we Believe!

"Age Perception" is when you finally realize that everything you have gone through in life had a PURPOSE...a REASON....it FITS!  IT FITS!!
I survived each with my integrity in tact and my beliefs strengthened by not giving in to the situation. I finally figured out how God did it for me.
In a quiet, still moment I "felt" the words: "I kept you "child-like" so you would always be shocked by evil and not become a part of it!" 

Mrs.B.












       



Popular Posts