SOLUTIONS...Nov.4,2012

Birge-Bytes: " I could end the deficit in 5 minutes! You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of CONGRESS are ineligible for re-election. The 26th Amendment(18 year olds to vote) took only 3 months and 8 days to be ratified....Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution SEVEN took less than one year to become LAW. WHY? Public pressure...people DEMANDED it in 1971 before computers,e-mails,cell phones! THE PEOPLE DEMANDED IT!"     Warren Buffett

I titled this post the "lesser of two evils" because for the length of my adult life I have had to vote for who I thought "would hurt us less!" As I finally got older and wiser I discovered there was a major flaw in my thinking.  I don't feel today like it really matters WHO gets elected as the figure head...they are BOTH good men...good husbands and good fathers given the extreme pressure they are usually under. BOTH have values that have served them well in their lives...both have had really good "speakers" to extol their virtues at the Conventions. I have always been able to see both sides and that has helped me in my career as an Educator...but I'm afraid NOT as a Voter.  have honored TRUTH all my life and LOVE for America. WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS!! Mine came to Jamestown in 1607 and continued to keep coming to the Greatest Country the world has EVER seen and they helped make it so. They died in ALL the American wars from the Revolutionary War to the present.

We don't need a DIVIDED AMERICA IF WE ARE GOING TO SURVIVE.

Warren Buffett recently gave an interview on CNBC and opened my eyes, proving you can "teach an old dog new tricks!" I will condense it:
           
CONGRESSIONAL REFORM ACT OF 2012 (suggestion)

I. NO TENURE/NO PENSION
     A Congressman/Woman collects a salary while IN office and will receive no pay when OUT of office

2. CONGRESS WILL PARTICIPATE IN SOCIAL SECURITY.
     (a) All funds in the Congressional retirement fund will move to the
         Social Security system immediately. All future funds will flow into
         the SS system, and Congress participates WITH the American
         people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their OWN retirement plans, just as ALL of us.

4. Congress will NO longer vote THEMSELVES a pay raise!! Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the SAME health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must EQUALLY abide by ALL laws THEY impose on us.

7. ALL contracts with past and present Congressmen/Women are VOID,
effective Dec.1,2012.(The American people did not make this contract!)
Congress made their own contracts for themselves.

CONGRESS IS AN HONOR, NOT A CAREER! The Founding Fathers believed in citizen legislators, so ours  should serve their term(s),then go home and back to work....Warren Buffett

Think about this, Americans....WHOEVER gets to be President has this to contend with every step of the way....they are BOTH good Men.

GOD BLESS AMERICA....WE CAN USE THE HELP! Mrs.B.


Popular Posts