Part 3 The "test"

Birge-Bytes "Some people try to turn their odometers back. Not me! I want people to know "why" I look and feel this way. I've travelled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved!" "How OLD would YOU be if you didn't know how old you are?!


Follow the directions carefully or ask me.....



The Five Love Languages Assessment

Remember, you re going lo see 30 pairs of things that parents do or say
to show love to their kids. They mav be things your parents do or say OR 
you WISH your parents would do OR SAY! Pick only the ONE item in EACH box even if you seem to like BOTH OF THEM....choose one.
that you like the BEST and click the letter that goes with that item. When
you finish looking at ALL 30 pairs.... count how many times you circled
each letter and put that letter in the appropriate blank AT THE END OF THE TEST

1. Asks me what I think                                               (A)
   Puts his/her arm around my shoulder                 (E)

2. Goes to my ball-games, recitals, etc.                (B)
   Does my laundry                                                   (D)

3. Buys me clothes                                                (C)
   Watches TV or movies with me                         (B)

4. Helps me with school projects              (D)
   Hugs me                                                     (E)

5. Kisses me                                                    (E)
   Gives me money for things I need           (C)

6. Takes time off of work to do stuff with me        (B)
   Rubs my shoulders or back                                    (E)

7. Gives me cool things for my birthday          (C)
   Reassures me when I fail or mess up            (A)

8. Gives me high-fives                             (E)
   Respects my opinions                          (A)

9. Goes out to eat or shops with me           (B)
   Lets me use his/her stuff                           (C)

10. Tells me I'm the best son/daughter in the world              (A)
    Drives me to places I need to go                             (D)

11. Eats at least one meal with me most every day               (B)
    Listens to me and helps me work through problems       (A)


12. Doesn't invade my privacy    (D)
      Holds or shakes my hand    (E)

13. Leaves me encouraging notes        (A)
     Knows what my favorite store is    (C)

14. Hangs out with me sometimes        (B)
     Sits next to me on the couch         (E)

15. Tells me how proud he/she is of me   (A)
      Cooks meals for me                              (D)

16. Straightens my collar, necklace, etc.                  ( E)
     Acts interested in stuff I'm interested in             (B)

17.  Allows my friends to hang out at our house            (D)
       Pays for me to go on school or church trips         (C)

18.  Tells me I look good                                        (A)
        Listens to me without judging me                (B)

19. Touches or rubs my head                                                         (E)
      Sometimes lets me pick out where we go on family trips      (D)

20. Takes me to the doctor, Dentist, etc.          (D)
       Trusts me to be at home alone                      (C)

21. Takes me on trips with him/her                                            (B)
       Takes me and my friends to movies, ballgames, etc.      (D)

22. Gives me stuff that I really like                       (C)
       Notices when I do something good               (A)

23. Gives me extra spending money                       (C)
      Asks me if I need help                                         (D)

24. Doesn't interrupt me when I'm talking           (B)
        Likes the gifts I buy for him/her                   (C)

25. Le's me sleep late sometimes                                 (D)
       Seems to really enjoy spending time with me      (B)

26. Pats me on the back                                  (E)
      Buys me stuff and surprises me with it    (C)

27. Tells me he/she believes in me                          (D)
      Can ride in the car with me without lecturing   (B)

28. Picks up stuff that I need from various stores (D)
       Sometimes holds or touches my face               (E)

29. Gives me some space when I'm feeling upset  ( E)
      Tells me that I'm talented or special                 (A)

30.  Hugs or kisses me at least once every day          (E)
        Says he/she is thankful that I'm his/her child     (A)

"A ".......................WORDS OF AFFIRMATION
"B".......................QUALITY TIME
"C".......................RECEIVING GIFTS
"D".......................ACTS OF SERVICE
"E"........................PHYSICAL TOUCH

YOU NOW NEED TO GO BACK AND COUNT THE NUMBER OF
"A"S, "B"S, "C"S, "D"S AND "E"S YOU HAVE IN THE 30 PAIRS.....
THEN, UP ABOVE YOU ARE TO PUT IN HOW MANY "A"S, HOW MANY "B"S, ETC.

THE letter or love language that receives the most is your
love language. If you score rhe same score for twc
you are "bilingual....both are almost equally important to you.

For further information from your results, if you wish, 
at any bookstore  you can find Dr.Chapmans' book "The Five
Love Languages" (one for Teenagers; one for married Adults and even one for SINGLES!)
I know that it seems to be very accurate both for the students I taught and for me at home!  By the way my results turned out pretty "bilingual"
with Verbal Affirmation AND Physical Touch. Totally true for me which
is why I so cherish any feedback or comments from you and why I was
such a teddy bear as a teacher. Mrs.B.










Popular Posts