FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL!!

Birge-Bytes:  This is a "love letter" to all new teachers. I had a fantastic career in Education and damn it, just because I'm retired due to health concerns...my brain is filled to the brim with things that could help NEW teachers OR "Burned-Out" teachers. If you know of any Parents of Teenagers, NEW teachers  just starting Monday or frustrated teachers...PLEASE give them my website to check out!?
Actually...this INCLUDES Teenagers,too: www.birgeworld.blogspot.com

"When I'm not in my right mind...my left mind gets pretty crowded!"

"I intend to live forever....so far, so good!"

          Steven Wright, Comedian

First of all: whether this is your 1st. or 25th year of teaching MOST teachers don't sleep as well and are ALSO nervous the first day until you
see "what you get?!"

SecondlyBE FLEXIBLE! No matter HOW wonderful your lesson plans are....hang tight...may not work. First day IS Chaotic EVEN if it runs on schedule.

Third: Get to know the STAFF quickly! They are an invaluable help when needed. Jamie Curran was priceless to me for 27 years! The Office
friends(Pam Bates)...Guidance/Registration/Attendance people...get to know their names; they are WONDERFUL! 

Fourth:  DOCUMENTATION! DOCUMENTATION! DOCUMENT 
Make sure all important parent/student/Dept. notes are KEPT! 
I called it my "Insurance File!" I was always ready for conferences,etc.

Fifth:  ALWAYS have a "B" plan ready...I will share some of mine.

Sixth: NEVER SHOW FEAR! ha. Seriously...they are genius at knowing if you are trying to be anyone other than YOU. They also pick up on everything about you: (don't be a wanna-be anything!)They have a huge NEED for adult role-models. 

Seventh:  For goodness sake....please be ENTHUSIASTIC about what you teach and not BORING! They turn off quickly if you don't gain their attention by being RELEVANT TO THEIR LIVES, using VARIETY & several methods of teaching (I'll share,also in my next post)

IF I FIND THAT THIS WORKS AS A LINK FROM SOMEONE WHO'S BEEN THERE...DONE THAT...TO SOMEONE THAT COULD BE HELPED BY IT....YOU WOULD BLESS ME. MRS.B.

P.S. Please tell other teachers and parents of my site. I only worked at one High School...Cooper City High School...for 27 years but I find that 
teachers all travel in the same boats and teenage peer pressure remains.

Help me make my retirement productive in helping  the profession I love the most. My e-mail address is: bevbirge1@gmail.com, also.


Popular Posts