Maybe I'm a Dinosaur....

Birge-Bytes   "The Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe"

I used to teach Positive thinking in my Social Science class for 27 years and started to notice very slowly that each year in the last five got harder and harder for me. Was I just "burned out"? Absolutely NOT because I had some of the most wonderful students a teacher could ever have...yes, sick of the Bureaucracy with its back stabbings but NOT the teaching part.


In fact....i saw a greater and greater need in my students for direction and
hope...hope that marriage and love wasn't dead...hope that they could trust others and hope that society wouldn't screw their lives up,too. Actually, the LONGER I taught the more need I saw that I might be able to help them with but my health sucked at 71....my heart....never! In fact, I felt like the oldest teacher with the youngest mind...weird? Yes.


That is the reason I started this website so that I could reach out to cold Cyberspace and still help others in whatever way I could..one good thing about Cyberspace is the lack of Arthritic/Diabetic problems...Heavens knows there are enough HATE Sites available at a mouse- click for them.
I saw Honesty become something they would never do into something that was wrong ONLY if caught! They even became "selective" about it and some ONLY cheated if they didn't "like" the teacher!  The bottom line, today has become Profit...not Character or Integrity. The schools talk about "Students Come First!" and even the students laugh because it is not followed through by actions that show that to them.I actually had more dishonest students in my AP & Honors classes than regular. Most of the "regular" kids didn't even care enough to CHEAT but the others had ridiculous pressures to do so by society. I will always ADORE the ones that felt good enough about themselves that they didn't want to cheat or respected me enough not to....


This is kind of an "open diary" of my thoughts as they come to me in motivated spurts(!) I am not after thousands of readers but those few that search for truth with questions & inquiring thought.  Mrs.B.















Popular Posts