A "Kodak Moment"...

Birge-Bytes  " In fifty years I never considered divorce....murder...yes! Divorce...no!" Mrs.B.

   It has been a very emotional and personal Feb. and March for me. Our two grown kids surprised the living fool out of me with a Surprise 50th Anniversary Party at the Hyatt Hotel in Weston. I MEAN SURPRISED!!! I almost had a heart attack(emotionally speaking,of course) It was one of the most amazing moments in my life....to know that people I love love me back and came from ALL over to be with us. The "damage" from my childhood doesn't always let me readily acknowledge that others DO love me...I seem to need so much reassurance of it, even at this date. It was a MAGICAL night for Jerry and I...I didn't think we were even able to get to go to St.Augustine (the scene of the crime!) to celebrate because of our moving the next week and even when it looked like the kids came through and we were going to have one night at the Hyatt and dinner with our Daughter and Grandsons there and then it all unfolded like a surreal dream....we got to the Hotel room and then heard a knock at the door...when I opened it thinking it was my Daughter...it was...then, another small knock came & when I opened the door and saw my Son from South Carolina standing there I let out a scream that almost sent for a 911 team. When I have Jerry, Terri and David plus Grandkids with me is when I feel totally whole. The night kept unfolding in marvelous
ways...my daughter had thought of everything...the music was corny but it was OUR music,,,,the pictures were everywhere of our life together and best of all...the people I love came from many places to be with us.
My favorite Mentor and respected colleague, Joan Billings, my Nephew from Washington D.C. Jarrod, our "Great Aunt Hazel"...I can't name all the loves that were there or it would fill Cyberspace and you would tune out reading this. A truly magical night for us in everyway!
   Good thing I had this to remember cause the following week was brutal for us. Moving, at any age can be difficult but we lived there for 22 years and we are old!!! We had to minimalize down from a 3/2 to a 2/2 apartment so MUCH had to go (and I am a "keeper" especially of family stuff) I gave my career clothes to Sheridan House.org across from my church and for the homeless at my church plus garage sale etc. and we FINALLY fit into the new place. It is WONDERFUL cause God never seems to stop helping me all my life.
     NOW, I want to get back to what I love doing....my "reach out Blog" and my Geneology Search for my family to have. PLEASE feel free to comment to me by site or e-mail or facebook whenever you want!
I WILL NOW GET BACK TO THE "BATTLE OF THE SEXES!" and tell you some of the pitfalls and how to avoid them or at least get through them to the next pit!

Popular Posts