FROM THE TRENCHES

Birge-Bytes
       Why don't they ask the TEACHERS and the STUDENTS what is wrong with Education in Florida?!  Laws are passed by people with NO experience in a classroom. If school WAS a "business" it would have been shut down because businesses are not run this way; especially successful ones.  We are told NOT to speak to the press unless we have "permission" from the Principal...we don't speak up because of fear of job-loss and yet teachers continue to pour in way beyond the alloted hours of the contract because most DO love the students and feel that what they are doing DOES make a difference in their lives. I have spent the last 27 years working for the Broward County School Board in the most amazing, incredibly satisfying Career imaginable....ask my former students who are everywhere and keep in touch. There was a 53 year Generational Gap in my classroom.........and yet......there was NONE. Teenagers today are REMARKABLE & WONDERFUL!
I retired in the "Class of 2011" and have literally hundreds & hundreds of memorable memories that are stored in my Long-Term
Frontal Lobe forever.  My Personal Blog is new and I am still learning (how to add pictures etc.) but there was NO way I could let my wonderful "BIRGEWORLD" disappear from Room 126. Please support me, give me suggestions/help and I promise you a Generational "Bridge" you can climb anytime you want. I have lots to
say about Education, Relationships(married 49 years) and today's TEENAGERS so stick around as a "Follower" and bookmark me.I love you and I can't afford to write a book.Mrs.B.

Popular Posts