OVER REACTIVE ME!!!

Simply Said:  A "dragonfly" is born under the water and when the time is right will suddenly fly straight up into the air...totally new environment but will take that leap of faith and do it...I have had to take that leap recently.

Let me ask you:

A large bear is charging right at you...what do you do?

Your house is on fire and quickly spreading...how do you react?

Your child can't swim and falls in the family pool...what is your first action?

Humans when first met with a strange sound or visual crisis react instantly by "freezing" briefly...all senses becoming acutely focused...
and THEN you move either towards the situation ("FIGHT") or run like
crazy away.("FLIGHT") This is an instinctive good fear that is life saving and appropriate.

Mine is not.

Mine is a "trigger" to the pre-frontal cortex of my 75 year old brain.It is:
"immediate"
"over-reactive"
"Based on a truth that once happened to me long ago."

(1) If anyone i love is in danger of being harmed or harming themselves...
(2) If I feel unsafe with a sense of being abandoned or left...
(3) I can "visualize" almost every way I could FALL & then need help getting up...
(4) If I have to "ask" anyone for a favor I cringe and hate it.
(5) When I am given real true love I have trouble "absorbing" & accepting it without an over reaction to it.

I have even located the "sources" over the years. It does help doing that
so that when it  happens it doesn't last as long & I am aware.

God mentions over 168 times in the Bible: "Do not fear!" so I even feel I
let HIM down every time. (I should have more faith in Him)
Mental abuse is EVERY bit as harmful as PHYSICAL and actually registers in the SAME place in our brains.

Life IS a challenge...I truly believe we were NEVER meant to be PERFECT...
only human.

Mrs.B.

Popular Posts