Love Letter to Whiskers

          LOVE LETTER TO WHISKERS

01/01/2019  1:30 A.M.


  I lost a best friend tonight...a sweet soul that gave 13 years of unconditional love. We even met in an unusual way of "needs"
answered by God. 
   He was only at the Humane Society for four days. He was four years old and most people were looking at the kittens; not an older cat. He looked scared. I kept coming back to his cage and every time I did he would come close & just stare at me with those incredibly beautiful eyes...one green and one blue. 
      It was unusual, also that Saturday that I would pick up the phone and ask my Daughter to take me then; my two wonderful Grandsons came, too. I asked to see him.
       In a small room that held me, two Grandsons, my Daughter and the handler he immediately and with no hesitation, crossed the room and into my lap! It WAS love at first, second and third cuddle.
     I knew he was getting old when our Pet Insurance wouldn't cover him anymore...mine barely does! I am grateful to God for all the love we shared & what he meant to me. I know that love may be "eternal" but NOT our bodies. Whiskers and I have "set it up" to find each other wherever we go so we can love each other forever.
      He was a "lifesaver" to me in 2017 after a serious illness which included a deep Clinical Depression. Whiskers showed a tremendous loving support without a word spoken...more a soft purr with his arms around my neck. He would stay with me when I was bedridden; on a pillow over my head and better yet cuddled in my arms for hours. I only wish he could have given lessons to others that find touching difficult.
     My dear sweet Whiskers...if God allows, we will meet again. He can have ALL the windows he wants there.

P.S. Please don't say our love wasn't love. People fortunate enough to have experienced this love from a pet will never doubt it!  I have found there are many ways to grieve. I wrote this as a draft first through a flood of tears only hours after he passed gently between my husband and I in bed loving him.
Mrs.B
01/01/2019


      


Popular Posts