INSANE ASYLUM

Birge-Bytes  "The Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe!"


I thought I lived in AMERICA for 71 years with a right to Free Speech.
My ancestor, Edward, arrived here in 1607 at the first colony of Jamestown; GUESS WHAT,PEOPLE!!!!  WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS!   I am part of the "silent majority" that never spoke out. 
First, as a teenager I couldn't "protest" cause my Dad worked for the Government in the 50's-60's; with a 50's marriage & raising my family plus college I didn't "protest"...too dang busy! Then, I went to work for the Broward County School Board for 27 years and found that expressing my beliefs (out loud) could cost me my JOB; that while teens wearing drug-related t-shirts covered and got away with it...I couldn't. Wow!


As Steven Wright, the comedian, said "A conclusion is the place where you get tired of thinking!  The problem with the gene pool, he said, is that there is no lifeguard!"
Today, we have the "Dopel Effect"....the tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly!
We have "Starter Marriages" which is the short-lived first marriage that ends in divorce (72 days?!) with no kids, no property and no regrets.
I see it as a form of "Serial Monogamy"....got a new dress; new party!
Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup,even?? By illiterate, I do NOT mean someone with no opportunity to learn but the person that seems to glorify stupid without ever checking it out!!! My students were taught to always question who the leader is following!?
By the way, "atheism is a non-prophet organization" ...how truly sad it is to me that someone would have the feeling of no purpose in life but to "be and then...not be!" 

My beliefs got me through childhood abuse, life crisis's, physical pain,
suicide and other emotional lows. My best friend is Christ and he has never let me down.
PLEASE don't call me "Righteous" if I simply know the difference between what is right and wrong for me!
PLEASE don't call me "Christian" if I don't act "Christ-Like"!
PLEASE don't call me a "religious fanatic" simply because it works for me!
   My beliefs were honed  and tested throughout 71 years  in all imaginable ways and I passed each with the strength of my best friend.

We need to USE the wisdom of our Founding Fathers (mine fought in all early American wars from the Revolution, War of 1812, Civil War,etc.)They lost so much for our free speech but...we DO  need to bring it into the 21st.Century and modify it to cover modern reality.

GOD BLESS AMERICA  FOR WHAT IT STOOD FOR AND WHAT IT CAN REPRESENT TODAY IF WE USE THE BRAIN HE GAVE US TO THINK WITH!!  Mrs.B.

 


Popular Posts