My Dad

Birge-Bytes   "Treasure every moment you have...and treasure it more because you shared it with someone special; special enough to learn from and love dearly" Mrs.B.
p.s. I did learn what you taught me, Dad and it was truth.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning!" Albert Einstein,physicist

Dad:    You taught me to be curious and awe struck by learning.
              We question things because we have been given "free will".

"Touch a scientist and you touch a child" Ray Bradbury,writer

Dad:  You let me have a childhood under adverse conditions.I will never
            forget what you said to me when I was six years old and asked if
            I could "marry you"!  You could have handled it so poorly and
            shamed me for asking it but instead you gave the Perfect words
            to a child that adored you. You said, "A Father and a Daughter
            have something EVEN better....never to end...." You also said
            that "no matter HOW far apart we are or WHERE we are...we
            are ALWAYS together!" That includes life AND afterlife.

"I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to NOT know
what can't be done".  Henry Ford

Dad:  You gave me stability in a very insecure time. I could count on your
          punctuality, your words, your thoughts to always fascinate me.
          You were a pioneer aviator, an aerial Photographer, a "world 
           traveler (with one bag!)and my friend.You could dance with your
           5 year old daughter standing on your feet or give me a "ride on
          your footsie". You "traveled to the moon" with me on the porch
          swing while we talked about anything and everything. You stood
          in line for hours with me when Elvis Presley came to town to get
          tickets...my friends thought you were "cool"; that was cool to me.

"Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle that fits them all!"   
 Oliver Wendell Holmes

Dad: When I was a child I HATED the humiliation of being LIED TO
         by my Mother over and over. My Dad told me the truth and if
         he wasn't sure he would say so to me. I was always searching for
         some "magical book" of TRUTH ABOUT EVERYTHING!!! I actually
         found that book later...the stories were old; the people different
         in fashion and language but that one book held ALL the answers
         to ALL of my questions and still does today: The Bible.
         "Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest!"
          a saying by Mark Twain rings true in my life. I have always found
          truth to be a vital trait in my life and has stood the test of time.
           "The winds of God are always blowing, but you must set the sails."

"MAN IS THE ONLY ANIMAL THAT BLUSHES...OR NEEDS TO!"
Mark Twain

 "But I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things"
Vincent Van Gogh

My Dad died in 1977 but he is with me EVERYDAY in many things I do and
say. The moment he died he went straight to my heart and soul until we meet again, God-willing. BB









Popular Posts