HOW TO UNDERSTAND OLD PEOPLE!

Simply Said:  "I may be old...but I'm NOT rusty!"....I prefer the word "experienced & Wiser due to Longevity".

HINTS ON HOW TO HANDLE ME

(1) DON'T handle me. ( without permission)

(2) If you call me "dear" I won't respond and will shoot you a dirty look.
Example: "Would you come this way, dear?!"

(3) The BRAIN gets stronger with USE and is capable of storing enough thoughts that could fill a football field with computers.

(4) EVERY experience I have had in 73 years has taught me lessons. I have taken those lessons and applied them to my life, good and bad.

(5) Every person I have come in contact with has been a reassurance of the good in people OR an obstacle to survive while keeping my values in tact. There are definitely "angels" on Earth as well as the dysfunctional. I have met both many times.

(6)If you encounter a mean, nasty old person, immediately know that they most likely were also a nasty, bitchy Middle aged person & a long time "jerk" all without the benefits that age can bestow.Your personality and temperament is fairly well set very early in life. NO EXCUSES,tho. You CAN continue to make adjustments throughout life if any of your traits are annoying to others.

(7) Don't let ANYONE live "rent free" in your head as long as I did before
emptying the baggage!

(8) Learn to FORGIVE!!! Not for their sake....but YOURS!. If not, it festers within you and then "they" have hurt you TWICE.

(9) Don't put God in a "box"....He is too big for any one method to get back to Him...and, by the way, WHO MADE YOU WORTHY TO JUDGE OTHERS? (M.Y.O.B.) We are all here on OUR journey; we have PLENTY to learn....so quit trying to "regulate" other's lives.

(10) Use PATIENCE! The same person that had to use patience with YOU for your entire childhood now needs some of it BACK!! WE need hugs, quality time, recognition that we have "plumbing", "mobility", emotional needs and could use new "spark plugs". My '57 Chevy "body"
needs Body Repair Shops pretty regular now but my MIND is developed,
experienced and hopeful for every minute of the future I have left.

P.S. I LOVE the challenges of life; I EMBRACE the beauty of the
Earth and I am always in awe and appreciation of my place in it.

Mrs.B.
.



Popular Posts