Who Do You Say I Am?

Birge-Bytes

I just saw an article in the paper today by Bill O'Reilly that said "Christians get attacked often, but show little outrage"....you know what?? He is RIGHT! I don't even have lions eating me or being put in their den like Daniel did. I've been acting more like Doubting Thomas or Peter who denied him three times that night. Like Judas? NEVER EVER like Judas but perhaps too quiet.....
What has happened to MY Freedom of Speech? Nothing that i haven't just chosen not to express; that is all. I have survived a lot of pain in my life so I do have an inordinate desire never to hurt anyone else but have I carried that too far?! Yes, I'm ashamed to say. While i worked for the school board I had to be careful not to express my religious beliefs even tho many students walked around blatantly showing their interest in sex & drugs on their t-shirts. I got around it, sure, by trying to  BECOME the values I believed, by example, in my classroom. I had WWJD on my wall BUT told anyone that asked that it meant "What Would "Jerry" Do?" (My husband). I couldn't "protest" anything as a teenager cause my Dad worked for the Government. Heck, with low self-esteem most of my life I  didn't even feel if I did speak up that anyone would care.

For way too long my priorities were (1)Family (2)Career
as a teacher and then (3) God. Without God, I would never have survived childhood, graduated college at 42
to have that wonderful career, or stay faithfully married for 51 years to one man. I wouldn't have had the strength to endure my son's affliction with unconditional  love & the list could go on and on....

We have gotten hyper sensitive about being "politically
correct"; especially with certain issues while I just stood on the sidelines & observed, trying to assimilate the "right" responses so I would be "Liked" by everyone!

Well, guess what? If anti-religious factors with the ample help of the Media are "attacking" what I hold most dear in life which is my absolute & loving relationship with Christ then beware. I may be old now but I've never been stronger in Faith!
Mrs.Birge
GOD STILL LOVES EVERYONE....GO FIGURE!



Popular Posts