WARNING:"Loss of Innocence"

Birge-Bytes: This may be a drop in the ocean of society today....allow me my "Senior Moment" to vent!(fairly modern term) I am NOT a prude after 27 years in High School Hallways. I AM saddened by the loss of innocence today. I have lived long enough to SEE GLOBAL WARMING in
action....Been a "stay-at-Home" full-time Mother for 20 years....been a College Student from age 35-42....Career-Woman for 27 years...Married to ONE man for 51 years and right now...one pissed off Grandmother.

I had the privilege of watching my 10 year old Grandson this week while he was home from school with an allergic reaction from Strawberries, no less. We enjoy each other a lot...I am "Computer Grammy" & we do Photo Booth shots and Jib Jab movies on the computer & games on my iPad. He is quite technically savvy so I just handed him the remote control to the t.v. to choose something we could watch together. He chose a "rerun" of a show that airs on Sunday mornings..."American Dad".

In the space of only 30 minutes!:
(1) "Sex is so boring on my alien planet...it is all so CONSENSUAL!"
(2) Bloody & violent body parts exploding.
(3) The school Principal as a major Cocaine dealer blowing away three drug runners and stealing their airplane with additional shots into their dead bodies....
(4) Terms: Rape( as a joke.)..Ass...he "stuffs" (meaning pad his pants & bottom to look bigger)...Penis..."Periods"..."nips"(nipples)..."turd" 3 times..."Big Boy Butt"...hookers...gays...Ninja violence...Japanese references...All Fat people in a Donut shop..."fatties"...shop burns down and Emergency 911 deliberately NOT called in to save them...Guns fired just for FUN & destruction...
(5) Deception: "Hug me" and then killing them...

"ROGER'S PLACE" that followed...(watched 15 min. and then turned it off.We went back to iPad & computer!)but in 15 min. of it?
(1) TERMS: "boobs"..."teats"..."perv"..."girl farts"..."Pumpkin Breath"(you don't want to know)
(2) Situation:  Cameras rigged in a girls bathroom...one in the showerhead...one over the toilet.
(3) Violence for no reason at all.

These are aired on Sunday mornings at 11:30. The commercials were also
geared for kids. There was one good one by drug free.org and then one for "New Girl" & "The Following" both for older teens or adults.

Being a parent today is incredibly more difficult job than I had.
I so respect and admire those that set good examples for their children.
I consider my Daughter an excellent Mother and my Grandsons I am so very proud of & even then they still ARE exposed everywhere in the Media to this "loss of innocence".

Popular Posts