YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!

Birge-Bytes:  After 27 years as a High School teacher I thought I was
shock-proof....NOT SO....I AM FURIOUS!


As we all know CHRIST has been taken out of CHRISTMAS; It is the "Season
of Brotherly SHOVE!"  Well, another Holiday has been "blackened", too....

Yesterday, the Headlines of my paper "shouted" out verbally that it was
           
              Black Wednesday!!!!?

NEW YEARS EVE has "spawned" another "Drink til you Puke Day!"
It is possible it is just good ole South Florida but I'm sure if it is...it will
spread. 

You are supposed to party hardy the night BEFORE THANKSGIVING and hopefully be able to join the family for dinner the next day! It has become in just 3 years the SECOND most binge night other than NEW YEAR'S EVE.

THANKSGIVING has been reduced to a "BIG MEAL"( like we don't eat ENOUGH already...3rd. world countries think we have Thanksgiving EVERY
DAMNED DAY in America.  We have shrunk our "thanks" down to an inaudible
whisper .....SHAME ON US.

WHAT I'M THANKFUL FOR:

(1)  I'm 71 and healthy enough to write this!
(2)  We lost our home to the recession and found out it was a GOOD thing!
(3)  My sweet husband of 50 years lays snoring next to me and it is like the purring of a kitten to me.
(4) This is the first Thanksgiving that Jerry and I are just 2...yet one of the BEST because I am filled to over brimming with Gratitude! Alone but sure
NOT LONELY. Our family is well and filled with LOVE for each other. My
Dad once told me that "no matter HOW far apart we were...we will be TOGETHER". He has been dead over 35 years now and yet so much a part of who I am today.
(5)I had a career not too many teachers may experience where there was NO
"Generation Gap"...just being able to "touch" beautiful lives. I have them in my memory, too.
(6) I have attained a "peace of mind" I never thought possible and would NOT have found without Christ.

Mrs.B.

p.s. If you take Christ out of Christmas and THANKS out of THANKSgiving...
you are missing the whole purpose of life to find meaning in it.





Popular Posts