We're Losing Our Home

Birge-Bytes:  "Home is where the HEART is"....

      I must be a "NESTER" cause almost any place I go....I "build a nest". At Motels on vacation I
have been known to "make it mine" and even bring in flowers from outside (hope that is legal!)
I collect David Winters Cottages thanks to my Son and on a long trip even look at houses that
we pass and wonder what it would be like to live there....I dream of beautiful homes that are
huge (like Vizcaya) and yet feel comfortable there. I have lived in a home as a child that I was
terrified in; gave me bad dreams even years later if I stayed there....a home I felt loved and very
safe in was my Dad's house. Raising my family EVERY home we had was "special" to me....
    Then, 2007 HIT...had 3 separate "Recessions" in one year...two personal & one NATIONAL!
We spent over 2 1/2 years  trying to get help from Bank of America...3 separate Processes with NO
results..they "passed" us to SETERUS and we had to start all over again with THEM. At least
they were efficient and responded quickly with a loan modification that we probably could
have handled IF I was still working FULL-TIME at 70 with the School Board & not on a fixed
income.  "It is what it is!" and it is on "Short Sell" since July.

I really let all this get to me physically, emotionally and mentally  until I REALIZED THAT
SPIRITUALLY THE ONLY HOME I CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOSE IS THE ONE
BEING BUILT FOR ME BY MY "BEST FRIEND".  His Birthday is coming up soon
and I can't afford the 2,000 candles it would take...the "benefits" are heavenly and Permanent
and the only requirement is to love others as he has loved me...to love someone so loving that
he gave his life for me. He is my "carpenter" that is building me a home where greed and hate
cannot permeate. I have known him ALL my life even before I knew how really special he was
and WHO he was.  I have felt his gentle protection MANY times in 70 years...sometimes obvious
and sometimes only in retrospect after the trial has passed.

I want to apologize to my students for having to be "careful" so as not to lose my job even while
I really wanted to tell them WHY I was a happy person and WHY & HOW I avoided the
pitfalls so many fall into on this Earth. YOU can be happy loving one man for 50 years...YOU can
be happy by not hurting others as you have been hurt. You can be happy without puking every
weekend or ending your life smashed against a tree or playing Russian Roulette with drugs cause
you are bored or trying to escape from a Reality you really NEED TO FACE & SOLVE.


Guess what?! I think I really DID teach all this in 27 years in high school! Did I, former
students?? Let me know if YOU got the message anyway?   Mrs.B.xoxox

Popular Posts